Best Quotes of Abraham Lincoln



You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

My dream is of a place and a time where America will once again be seen as the last best hope of earth.

It is rather for us here dedicated to the great task remaining before us, that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion.


Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.


Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.

I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.

Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world

My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure


Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them.

The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.


I never had a policy; I have just tried to do my very best each and every day.

I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.

Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another, but let him work diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built.

Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally

These men ask for just the same thing, fairness, and fairness only. This, so far as in my power, they, and all others, shall have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment